After presenting at last weeks IADC Onshore Drilling Conference in Houston, TX, Drilling Contractor Magazine interviewed Secure-NOK's Nina Hesby Tvedt about the ongoing efforts to secure drilling assets from cyber threats.
Nina emphasizes the strong work done by the IADC Cybersecurity sub-committee and points out the fundamental steps asset owners should take:
- Identify your critical cyber-assets and perform a risk assessment
- Protect those assets to your best ability
- Deploy technology and processes to detect cyber-attacks
- Have plans to respond to cyber-events
- Have processes in place to recover from cyber-events and get you rig back in operation